4 Ekim 2011 Salı

Manifest

They say, one should come up with a witty manifesto for their blog to, you know, get BIG. It should stand for something. It shall not necessarily provide the brand new information or simply collect all, whatever is out there, no. It should question the faux pas status of the art work. The holy Wiki Father says "a faux pas is a violation of accepted social norms" (for example, standard customs or etiquette rules). Faux pas vary widely from culture to culture, and what is considered good manners in one culture can be considered a faux pas in another. Come to think about it, isn't it the same for an artwork as well?* On the other hand, the term faux pas comes originally from French, and literally means "misstep" or "false step". Don't you ever wonder how much of art is accidental?** Some guy named Scott Adams once said "Creativity is allowing yourself to make mistakes. Art is knowing which ones to keep." Well, I don't know about that. What I know is that this blog will hunt for the bizarre examples of contemporary art scene along with the tiny little tips and tricks, and bring them on for you.

*This one is not a rhetorical question.

**I admit that I stole this from a (brilliant) TV show.


Hiç yorum yok:

Yorum Gönder